Monday, July 25, 2005

Le New Poster!

Forget wedding season, it's festival season, baby!

Okay. I'm probably talking to myself here, but there has been little activity at this blogger until now. This is still the official blogger for my Festivus and until September, I'll post on occasion once I get word of what's happening with VIFF '05. Several media releases come out in August and I'll post those here as well.

So far, the following has happened:

- Vacation time booked from my job! :) I will be at the festival this year from September 23rd -- before the September 29th official start -- all the way until October 14th, when the festival ends (also my editor's birthday!) WAHOO!
- Hotel booked! :) I have booked this really nice B&B just off of West 12th and Granville near West Broadway street, so my access to the festival is really nice and close (and I'm a brisk walk from the Ridge which is one of the venues.

This year, the venues will remain the same:

- Granville 7, utilizing all of their cinemas
- The ass-hurting Vogue with its' 1144 pain inducing chairs. Bring your own cushion!
- Pacific Cinematheque (www.cinematheque.bc.ca)
- The Ridge Theatre

And as well, the Vancouver International Film Centre (1181 Seymour) will finally be opening where - I'm assuming - all of the press screenings will occur along with being another venue to check out flicks, but mostly the video materials since they have the ability to run vid as well as 16mm and 35mm film. Not sure if their during-fest-press-facilities will remain there since I believe they want to keep their nerve centre at the Hotel Georgia since that's where all of the guests stay, but hey, this year's VIFF should kick mondo ass.

Jason
efilmcritic.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home